President Donald Trump, on Saturday, has ordered restriction of people from seven Muslim-majority countries into the United States of America with immediate effect. Unfortunately, muslim travelers already en route the United states remained stranded on landing in the airports. This has developed uproar and reflexive attack on the President.
Moreover, this decision has been part of campaign promise since 2016 which he had promise to enact. The president has made series of controversial decisions since taking office a week ago. Putting a four-month hold on allowing refugees into the United States and temporarily barring travelers from Syria and six other muslim populated countries is the most recent.
Civil rights, faith groups and human rights activists have immediately kicked against the ban and have vowed to fight for its reversal. However, speaking to newsmen in the White House’s Oval Office on Saturday, President Trump has stated that his order was “not a Muslim ban” and said the measures were long overdue.
“It’s working out very nicely. You see it at the airports, you see it all over,” Trump said.
The Department of Homeland Security said about 375 travelers had been affected by the order, 109 of whom were in transit and were denied entry to the
United States. Another 173 were stopped by airlines before boarding. The new rules affected people in transit and families waiting for them, and caused havoc for businesses with employees holding passports from the targeted nations and colleges with international students.
Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen are all deeply affected.